Queueing in Palawan Express Pera Padala branches to send money could be grueling. The long line of seemingly organized people cramped within a tiny and humid space discouraged me most of the time. If I only have an option, then I will avoid sending money to Palawan.
Stuck with Palawan Express Pera Padala
I am sending my father an allowance twice a month. If only it is convenient for him, then I can just send him an ATM card, and then transfer the money online as scheduled. However, he is located in a remote area in our province where the nearest ATM machine is two hours away and getting there may cost a fortune. The Palawan Express branch, on other hand, is only a 5-minute walk from our home. That is why, I am stuck on doing the manual way of sending money.
UnionBank online to the rescue
When I learned that I can now send money online from UnionBank and let my father claim it in Palawan Express, I immediately tried it on my next scheduled remittance.
Luckily, I already have a UnionBank account. It is a company payroll account. Hence, once I received the salary credit, I can easily send my father his allowance without me leaving the office.
Sounds safe and convenient right?
Send Money online from UnionBank to Palawan Express Pera Padala
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Depending on how fast you type and how quick you can find your recipient details, transferring money from UnionBank to Palawan may take 3 to 5 minutes.
You can send the money using UnionBank website or mobile application. For this tutorial, I show you the mobile app process. The steps are basically the same with web app. The only difference is the user interface (UI).
- From your mobile phone, open the UnionBank application, log in to your account, and then tap SEND / REQUEST.
- Tap Remittance Center.
If you do this for the first time, then you may need to tap Get Started.
- Tap Palawan Express.
- Enter the amount, type the purpose of the transaction, and then, if you have multiple accounts, select an account where you want to source the fund transfer. Tap NEXT.
- Provide your recipient’s full name, birthdate, citizenship, mobile number, and email address, and then tap NEXT.
- Review the transfer details, accept the terms and conditions, and then tap SEND.
Make sure that the recipient full name and contact number are correct.
- Enter the one-time password or OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number.
- Take note of the Reference Number.
The Reference Number is for transaction history purposes only.
- Inform the recipient that the money will be ready for pick up once he/she receives the Tracking Code from an unknown Globe number in a form of SMS or text message.
Use Tracking Code as the transaction number when claiming the money from Palawan Express.
- You can send a minimum of 100 pesos and a maximum of 50,000 pesos for each transaction.
- The total daily transfer limit is 50,000 pesos. This limit also includes other money transfer transactions, such as InstaPay and the cash-in transactions to digital payment systems, such as PayMaya or GCash.
- Palawan Express transfer transactions done after 3PM will be available the following day.
- Service fee depends on the transferred amount and is deductible from your account. For example, if you send 1,000 pesos, then the service charge is 30 pesos. Sending 2,500 pesos, like what I did, costed me 75 pesos to send it.
If you prefer video instructions, then you may watch the video at the beginning or header of this article.
Did you know that your can also send money from your BPI Online account to Palawan Express Pera Padala? For more information, see the “Send or Transfer Money from BPI Online to Palawan Express Pera Padala” article.
If you have questions, leave a comment below.