Freedom Wall was originally a forum
It all started with a vision, a vision to create a website that would allow its members to share everything under the sun. I was thinking for a virtual freedom wall – so I bought the domain, freedomwall.net. Freedom Wall was originally planned as forum site. When I started to create the webpages, it was then I fathomed that I have close to zero knowledge in web development. I really thought that my Blogger.com experience would be enough. Sad to say, with no machinery, I was not able to realize that vision.
So, I explored more on blogging. I blogged about everything; technology, news, opinions, reviews, politics, etc. With no specific niche, I have lot of ideas playing in my head, but they seemed too cluttered. I couldn’t organize a single thought and put it into writing. In the end, it did not work out as well.
The Paradigm Shift
However, one event changed it all. It was the adventure I had with friends last February 2012 that completely altered the landscape of Freedom Wall. That trip to Coron turned this “colorum” site into a travel-branded blog. Though Freedom Wall may not be as popular as the rest, at least, I could humbly say that the blog now has a category to belong.
Currently, I am traveling around the Philippines (and sometimes in neighboring countries) on my free time, and then share the stories behind those travels here in Freedom Wall.
I am also sharing some of my webspace to those who are willing to share their own travel stories. If you have a narrative to tell, please contact me. For those who would like to use my photos, please see our Terms and Conditions.
About me and what I believe
- I love the white beach, the blue sky, and the green massifs most specially if these three are together.
- I like things to be in place, but I believe that nothing beats the thrill of spontaneity.
- I think better, decide quickly, and do things faster when I am alone. (Please don’t misunderstand this. I am very much willing to join you in your next adventure. Just send me an invite.)
- I don’t worry for the future. What is important is how I am enjoying life today.
- I am always curious, always willing to learn, and always willing to try new stuff (and stunts).
- I am a big fan of beaches. I love to swim, I love to free-dive.
- I love old and classical architecture.
- I found a vast prairie truly fascinating.
- If I have the luxury of time, I prefer the 10-hour bus ride rather than the 45-minute plane transfer.
I am living a nocturnal lifestyle (nightshifter).
- “Kaladkarin” – I am game to all travel invites, provided I have available resources for the outright trip.
I dream big, so I will try to live longer to complete this list:
- Travel around the Philippines’ 81 provinces [almost done, yeay!].
- Backpack India and China.
- Explore the ruins of Machu Picchu.
- Try Pisado de la Uva (Grape Stomping in Alava, Spain).
- Witness the Scandinavian aurora borealis.
- Feel the splashes of Angel Falls
- Experience Moscow – Vladivostok Trans-Siberian Railway ride.
Lay a hand to a 10+ century old architecture.
- Roam around Italy and Greece’s ancient and medieval cities.
- Touch a Panda’s fur [just once, please].