Are you in trouble collecting collecting email information and contact photos for your iDevice (iPod, iPhone, etc.) address book? Try syncing your contacts with your Facebook account. I am sure your friends will not let that profile photo field blank. Your iDevice will download Facebook profile photo thumbnail once a contact in your address book matches to a profile in your Facebook contacts. So make sure to use real names (which are mostly used in Facebook profiles) in your address book.
To sync Facebook contacts, you must have a the official Facebook application installed in your iDevice. The app is available for download for free in App Store.
Follow the instructions below:
- Open and sign-in to the application.
- In the application’s home page, press menu key then choose Friends.
- You’ll be directed to your contacts page and choose the options/share button (the arrow on the upper right).
- Select Sync Contacts in the selection bar.
- Turn Syncing and Replace Photos On.
- A new window will open and select Sync Contacts.
- Wait until Facebook is done syncing and downloading profile thumbnails.
- Check you contacts to see the changes. You may check the screenshot below for guidance.
If you are using iOS 6.0 or higher, syncing your Facebook contacts is a lot easier. Go to Settings >> Facebook then select Sync Contacts or Update Contacts.