We’d been awake the longest during our day 1 but we accomplished a lot on our day 2. We’d able to visit the major attractions of the two great cities; Bangkok and Ayutthaya, rode a 4-hour back-and-forth train, and made a late-night walkathon to check the newly-added attractions on our list – yes, we made some last minute revisions.
To summarize our day 2 events:
- We got up at 5:00 in the morning, left the hostel at 6:30, and boarded the BTS which was just a footstep away.
- We got off at Saphan Taksin station, took a boat at Shathorn Pier, and did some Sightseeing while Cruising Chao Phraya River.
- We had our breakfast at Tha Chang Pier (N9) before getting Amazed and Dazzled in the Grand Palace.
- After the marvelous tour in the palace, we walked to the nearby temple and got Amazed the Second Time Around in the Temple of the Reclining Buddha
- From Wat Pho or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, we took a taxi to Hua Lamphong Railway Station. The first taxi asked us TH฿200 and we did not buy so we waited for another. The funny driver asked TH฿150 which was easier to divide for three persons, so we took it.
- We boarded a train to the north of Bangkok and paid TH฿20. After the 2-hour ride, we had A “Temple Run” in Ayutthaya.
- We returned and reached Hua Lamphong 15-minutes before 9PM.
- When we checked our map, we noticed that the Golden Buddha Temple and the Royal Jubilee Gate were nearby, so we went to see the places. The Golden Buddha Temple (Wat Sukhothai Traimit) was already close for tourist so ended taking few snapshots from the outside. The Royal Jubilee Gate, on the other hand, was located in the center of a circular road and was open for public.
- After the photo ops, we headed back to Hua Lamphong Station and took the MRT to Silom station.
- We had some spicy dinner at some random diner in Silom Road before heading back to our accommodation.