Jimmy Sieczka, an individual foreign to the Philippines had lived for more than three years in the country and spent most of his time in the Province of Cebu. Now, he documented (through a video entitled, “20 Reasons Why I dislike the Philippines” and published on channelfix.com and is now uploaded in Youtube) his unsolicited assessment of the country. He speaks some of the truth, yeah right but not fair enough. The way he delivered his verdict is as if we are the worst but looking through the details, he’s argument is irrational. In fact, he hated some things that others enjoy doing. Let us say, things are weird for him but these are our ways and means and we enjoyed it. Nevertheless, we can’t negate the fact that some of the mentioned reasons are considerably driving tourists away.
Now, let us check the details of his hate (biased) opinion. He actually has twenty four reasons.
1. Holes on sidewalks? He is correct but is not everywhere. Using a garbage can as a temporary fix of the hole was never an option. It looks like they placed the trash can for the purpose of creating such video. Unfair enough.
2. Cialis – Being offered a drug to correct erectile dysfunction at your young age is offensive. But that doesn’t speak entirely of the Philippines. That is even peculiar for us. It is my first time to hear somebody peddling such drug in the sidewalks. But if you say potions, I heard of some. Anyways, that will also speak that you can recruit best merchandisers here.
3. Street foods – they may seem dirty but taste good. You’ll miss part of your life if you won’t try it.
4. MILF pisses him off. Yeah, for some Filipinos too but I am not in the position to comment because I have no idea what they are fighting for. Terrorist are everywhere anyway.
5.”Everything in this F***ing country is under construction.” You are rude Mister. You are not in the position to generalize and you have no right to execrate the country. You have no idea what are the constraints why it took that long to finish the project. Have you traveled the entire country and see the same? Also, there is no safe place…ONLY SAFE PRACTICE. So, if you consider those construction sites unsafe, don’t worry, our workers practice utmost safety.
6. Why would you hate those who wanted to be white? Is this article added for the sake of reaching twenty? Unfair enough.
7. Pollution is not exclusive to the Philippines and yes, we hate it too. The sun is too strong in the country, the soil dries up and the wind blows it. It will surely stick to that lamp post and since you touch it, you’ll really get dirty fingers.
8. Why would you hate the pharmacist who wrapped the thing you bought? Waste of time? You can request them not to do so and they’ll be happy. You should have think Sir before adding this bullet.
9. Road accident? Poor presentation, it was setup for the video’s purpose. Traffic violations are true but not everybody commits it.
10. “99% of the CRs are not comfortable.” How did you get this figure? Some public restrooms are uncomfortable but not all. 99% you say?
I have no idea what is limiting my article length so I have to cut this.