There are several reasons why you need a passport. Aside from being a primary requirement in travelling or working abroad, having a passport eases some documentary requirements of government or even private entities. It is the most widely accepted form of identification. In some banks, a passport is enough requirement to open a bank account instead of submitting two other valid IDs.
Apply for a New Passport
Planning to apply for a new passport soon? Here are the steps.
- Secure the requirements.
- NSO Birth Certificate.
- Two (2) Valid Identifications Cards (UMID, Digitized SSS ID, Driver’s License, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, IBP ID, OWWA ID, Digitized BIR ID, Senior Citizen’s ID, School ID, Alumni ID)
- At least three (3) Supporting Documents (Voter’s ID, NSO Marriage Contract, Land Title, Seaman’s Book, Elementary or High School Form 137 or Transcript of Records with readable dry seal, Government Service Record, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, or Barangay Clearance)
- For minors, spouses of foreign nationals, and applicants with dual citizenship, visit the page for the list of additional requirements.
- Set an Appointment.
- Visit www.passport.com.ph choose-branch to select a branch where you wanted to process your application.
- A Set an Appointment window opens. Read the important advisory and notices then click Start Individual Process button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill up the form with correct information then click Submit.
- A page containing the important requirements shows. If you think you have completed these requirements, proceed to the next page by clicking Continue.
- Just follow the procedures until you get the section where you are asked to pick a date and time for your appointment. I suggest you to take the earliest time (07:30AM).
- Visit your email’s inbox to confirm your appointment. Look or wait for the email from email@example.com and open the confirmation link. This will generate your application form, the application requirements’ list, and the appointment letter.
- Print all the three (3) pages in long coupon bonds and secure it along with the documentary requirements you have.
- Proceed to the DFA branch where you set an appointment on the date you nominate. Be there 30 minutes ahead your scheduled time and make sure to bring the requirements and the appointment forms.
- Follow the procedures posted in DFA. Passport fee is ₱950 for regular or ₱1,200 for express processing.
- If you avail the passport delivery service (₱120), wait for your passport to be delivered right to your doorsteep. If not, you need to return to the DFA on the designated pick up dates. That would be after 7 days if you choose express or 15 days if you opt for the regular processing.
Renew a Passport
If you are holding an expired or expiring passport, you need to follow steps 1-5 above. The only difference is that, the requirements you need to bring is your passport, a photocopy of the ID page, a photocopy of the backpage, and the 3-page appointment form.
If you damage or lost passport, whether expired or expiring, you need to secure additional requirements. Consult this page for the particulars.
Take note that you need to prepare additional ₱200 for a lost valid green passport (MRRP) / brown machine-readable passport (MRP) or ₱350.00 for a lost valid e-passport.